In the spirit of Larry David I’ll keep this simple. Here’s how to make these Starbucks-esque egg bites that are great for low carb and keto diets.
Red Pepper, Bacon and Swiss Egg Bites
Makes: 12 servings
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup full fat cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup swiss cheese
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 5 strips bacon, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, fine dice
- 1/2 small yellow onion, fine dice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cooking spray (depending on cook setup)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. If you have a convection setting, turn that on to reduce cook time.
- Fill a 9″ x 13″ Pyrex dish about 1″ full of water and set in the oven to warm up.
- Heat oil in sauté pan on medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes, then add red bell pepper. Sauté until tender, about 3 more minutes. Add the diced bacon and set aside.
- Combine eggs, both cheeses, salt & pepper in a blender and whip on high for 20-30 seconds until nicely incorporated
- Pour 1″ of the egg mixture into all 12 muffin cups your silicone baking sheet (if you don’t have one you can just spray a muffin tin and omit the water). Scoop a small amount of the bacon mixture into each cup.
- Set the silicone mat inside of the glass water dish in the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the eggs set. You can test by poking with a fork.
- Remove the eggs from the cups using a butter knife. It may help to store them in a lightly oiled container so they don’t stick.
- Enjoy. They should last 3-4 days.